RSUH mission is to maintain and develop the status of a leading scientific and educational institution in the humanities, social and informational studies in Russia and beyond.
RSUH strives to deliver its contribution to the processes of internationalization and humanitarisation of the higher education and scholarship in Russia, to perceive the functions of a socially oriented institution promoting social and humanitarian values of the modern society. We are targeting at raising the level of competitiveness of the Russian economy and further integrating our country into the global economy.
In its scientific research programs, RSUH will adhere to reaching new horizons in fundamental humanities sciences together with responding to the demands and challenges of the society in generating new productive ideas, technologies, and products to bring value to the solution of the most important issues of social development in Russia and its role as the part of the ever-changing world.
Educational principles of RSUH:
- The European two-level educational system (B.A. – M.A.) noticeably increases the number of types of training and offers a possibility to study and work abroad.
- Integration of research and education allows students to develop research skills and acquire the necessary set of competences.
- Sustainability and interdisciplinarity is represented by the unified educational complex as opposed to a series of specialized non-related programs.
- Practice-oriented and student-centered education system is based upon a carefully created combination of fundamental theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills. It allows tapping into the individual abilities of the students. The University has an active tutor system.
- The educational environment is inspirational to learning, and is based on the idea of academic freedom, creativity, professional growth and mutual tolerance.
- The life-long learning concept views the education as a continuing and an on-going process. RSUH offers preparatory training for prospective students, continuing education programs as well as graduate and postgraduate tracks. The programs operate both in Moscow and in the regions.
- The principle of “education through art” has led to creating a unique training environment – teaching in museums and exhibition halls.
- Active international presence. RSUH has international research and educational centers and issues double diplomas. There are over 240 cooperation agreements with leading foreign universities and research institutions. Hundreds of students, graduate and undergraduate alike, are provided with internships at top ranked universities in Europe and other parts of the world. RSUH also offers courses read in English.
© RSUH 1996 - 2020. All rights reserved.